Tuesday 4 March 2014

And the Oscar goes to...

What a night! The 86th Academy Awards ceremony took place last Sunday in Hollywood. I’m very keen on American cinema so I was really excited and I couldn’t wait for this night! What’s more, I adore Ellen DeGeneres and this year, she was a host of this event. I watch her television talk show “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” quite regularly and I knew that she would be the best choice for it! And she didn’t disappoint me! Her selfie with Hollywood celebrities broke the previous record and in less than 24 hours after the ceremony, it has been retweeted over 2.8 million times!!! Can you imagine?! It’s insane!!



Moreover, Ellen ordered pizzas for the celebrities and she dressed as a fairy godmother!




But it’s not over! This year, we had a lot of funny moments during the Oscars night! Just when I hoped that Jennifer Lawrence would make a big entry at Hollywood's biggest night, the actress repeated her act from last year (when she fell down while walking up the stairs to accept her award) and fell on the red carpet!! Hopefully, she’s a laid-back, young girl so she didn’t worry about it and she started to laugh aloud! She seems to be very clumsy but at the same time she’s so cute and funny! I burst out laughing after Ellen’s comment about Jennifer’s propensity for falling :“If you win tonight, I think we should bring you the Oscar.”



The other funny moment of this night was the performance of my favorite singer Pharrell Williams. During the opening performance of his song “Happy”, he started to dancing with nominated actresses Lupita Nyong'o, Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. It was amazing!



To sum up, even if one of my favorite actor - Leonardo DiCaprio didn’t win the Oscar for his role in “The Wolf of Wall Street”, I spent a great time watching The Academy Awards! It was worth burning the midnight oil!! :) And you, did you watch the Oscars night? What’s your opinion? Do you agree with the Academy Awards choices?






2 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the 86th Academy Awards ceremony, but I read about it on the Internet. And I think that buying pizza was extraordinary event on the typical parties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love American movies too! It is my dream to bee there one day! And I also feel sorry about a defeat of Leo:( Since the 'Titatnic time' he become one of my favourite actors!

    ReplyDelete