Sunday 6 April 2014

superstitions

There are many people who believe in superstitions, especially the oldest one. So, if a black cat crosses their way , they believe they will have bad luck. The same will happen to them on Friday the 13th or when they will go under a ladder. But as far as I’m concerned, a superstition is only a kind of play. In some situations it’s easier to be superstitious. For example, when something went wrong, we can always blame it on a black cat which had crossed our way that morning, can’t we? :)
I know a lot of superstitions and some of them are really funny. Having bad luck when you get out of the bed on the wrong side or having luck when you see a chimney sweep and at the same time you catch one of your buttons…And the funniest one: what has haircut to do with passing the A-Level exams (our “matura”)? If you don’t learn enough, you won’t pass this exam…And if you do the haircut, it won’t prevent you from getting good marks!
To sum up, I think that we can’t predict everything, our luck depends on many circumstances. Many things happen by a stupid coincidence. However, to be honest, what would be our life like without all these superstitions? Ordinary and boring, I assume. I’m not sure if I’m superstitious or not. But if I see a ladder, I rather try not to go under it... :) I think that it’s better not to tempt the fate because bad luck can be waiting for us everywhere. And you, are you superstitious? Do you know any other funny superstitions?  



1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm agree with you that "when something went wrong, we can always blame it on a black cat which had crossed our way that morning", but I think that it is faulty thinking. I am not superstitious, fortunately. ;)

    ReplyDelete