Thursday 23 January 2014

Couchsurfing!

I’ve just read a post made by Marta about her trip to France and I decided to write a little bit about my experiences in Paris and more exactly about my first adventure with Couchsurfing. Have you already tried it? 
The main idea of Couchsurfing is to host the travelers from all over the world who need a place to stay the night. But also, it’s a fantastic opportunity to meet new people and others cultures without leaving our home.
Before my Erasmus I decided to spend few days in Paris with my friend. I had been there already 3 times but never on my own! I wanted to find something not expensive (as long as “not expensive” exists in French dictionary!) so I started to check out the offers. And then, one of my friend recommended finding an accommodation on couchsurfing.com. At first, I wasn’t very enthusiastic about it…  Sleeping at strangers houses? And in other country? It could be dangerous! But finally, I decided to try it. After reading the offers, I chose Joel – an Australian guy who seemed to be very nice and, what’s more important, he had a lot of good opinions. So few days after I knocked on his door. To my surprise, this guy turned to be very laid-back and veeery hospitable! He gave us an extra pair of keys so that we were independent of him. He showed us around the city and at the evening, he invited us to the party. It was an amazing night that ended with drinking wine under the Eiffel Tower.
So if you have an opportunity to host somebody or you want to stay overnight in another city without spending a lot of money, don’t hesitate to use Couchsurfing! I strongly recommend it to all of you! 





4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you :) Couchsurfing is really awesome! The funniest story that I've had for now, is that one day my friends hosted a portuguese guy at theirs place. Then he was supposed to stay one night at my home and he stayed for 5 months :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't tried yet, but maybe someday I will have a opportunity to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea, though I guess I would be very worried if one of my daughters decided to travel this way. Have you hosted anyone, Monika? How did that go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had a lot of fears, it's natural. And my parents were very concerned about me. But I regret nothing. So far, I've hosted one girl from France and she was very nice! We still keep in touch:) Moreover, in March, I'll host two girls from Brazil, so I guess it will be fun!

      Delete