Tuesday 28 January 2014

The most interesting person I've ever met


To be honest, I decided to take advantage of our homework. But this story is so fascinating that I’d like to share it with you. We had to describe who is the most interesting person we've ever met. So I chose Risy. It’s my Brazilian friend who I met during my Erasmus in France. I really enjoyed her company and I found that we were absolutely on the same wavelength, so we became best friends very quickly.

With time, I was getting to know her better and better. Her story about her life made me feel like a whole new person and I would never look at the world as I did before. Despite the fact that we’re both the same age, her life has been full of trials and tribulations. As a child, she lived on the outskirts of São Paulo, in favelas, a shanty town. Her neighborhood was full of dwellings that people had made themselves from any material which they could find. She lived in a two-room house with her parents and two brothers. She was the oldest one, so she spent every afternoon (and weekend as well) in the market, where she sold snacks. Luckily, at the age of 16, she met a French teacher who played a leading role in her life. He decided to help her family and thanks to him, they were able to move out from favelas. Now, after a few years, her family’s life is much better. Moreover, as a French student, Risy works for a charity and teaches poor kids for free.

All in all, Risy showed me a way to look at the world with new eyes and what is the most important, she let me notice what I really want to do in my life and what I’m really keen on. I realized that I want to help people and that French is something that I want to base my career on. For this reason, I’d like to be a teacher of French at an elementary school in Brazil, where I could make people’s dreams come true.







6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really an interesting girl. At present it's all around the money. Natural goodness is something rare. I like that you noticed those values ​​in Risy and that you want to benefit from that great ''spiritual'' experience by fallowing the path of your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monika! What an interesting story! Has she ever been to Poland? I'd like to meet her. I know that your friends from Erasmus visited you in Poznan ( I saw photos on facebook hihihi. Yes, I stalk you:D!) But i'm not sure if she also visited you. Moreover, I like hearing people speaking French. I studied this language but I didn't fall in love with it:P It's really difficult, isn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was in Poznań last year and she really liked Poland :) I think that the best thing for her was to see snow (for the first time!) it's true, a lot of my friends from Erasmus visited Poznań and many of them want to come back here! so next time, I'll invite you that you could hear us speaking French :p

      Delete
  3. In my opinion all of Erasmus friendships are very strong. If you meet someone in a foreign country, you understand each other very well and you are on the same wavelength, the friendship will last forever. You are very lucky that you had met a girl like her. From what you are saying, I suppose that for you Erasmus was a really live-changing experience (for me too :D ) I hope that you will follow your dreams about being a teacher in Brazil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Erasmus was the best decision I've ever made (so far!) Thank you, I hope that my dreams will come true!

      Delete
  4. hi can I get both your facebook ids and add you??? my id is bobby oommen.

    ReplyDelete